Day of Your Procedure
The surgeons and nurses at the North Country Orthopaedic Ambulatory Surgery Center in Watertown have decades of experience in orthopedic surgery, so you can feel confident in the process and the outcome. To ensure everything goes off without a hitch, the following information should be reviewed in advanced in case special arrangements need to be made.
- Follow all instructions as directed by your physician.
- Review pre-operative guidelines for medications, eating, and drinking.
- Complete your paperwork in advance.
- Ask questions about specific concerns during your pre-surgical appointment.
- Complete your pre-surgical lab work as directed.
- Arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to check-in.
- Bring your photo ID, insurance card, and co-payment or deductible.
- Make payment arrangements in advance, if needed.
- Bring someone with you. This person must stay on site during the procedure and drive you home afterwards.
When it is time for your procedure, we will call you back and review all of the pre-surgery information we have on file for you, including your medical history. We’ll ask when you last ate, drank, or took any medication. If you are receiving anesthesia for your procedure, the anesthesiologist will stop by to discuss the procedure and answer any questions you may have. Your surgeon may also stop by to check in with you and address any last minute questions or concerns.
After the procedure, you will be monitored during recovery until you are released to go home later in the day. For more details, see After Your Procedure.
We want your procedure to be a success. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need anything – we’re here to support you and ensure your experience goes well. Dial (315) 836-2200.